Are you a Holy Cross Member? Are you in the Auxiliary? Did you or someone in your family immigrate from Santo Stefano Di Camastra? If you can answer yes to any of these then we want to talk to you.
We are looking to fill out the Holy Cross’s Court for 2017. Girls between the ages of about 5 through High School and boys between 4 and 8 are encouraged to become a part of our celebration September 7-9th 2017. Taking part in our Sicilian Heritage and showing and being a part of a celebration that has been celebrated by our ancestors for centuries is a great way to pass our heritage to our children. Applications are available here and must be submitted before July 1, 2017 for consideration.
The kids must be available the morning of September 2, 2017 to help clean the coffee shop. They are expected to help on Friday night and Sunday evening with the coffee shop. Attend the procession and crowning ceremony Saturday September 8, 2017 at 9 PM. Attend mass at St. Anthony’s Church Sunday Morning at 10:30 and walk the procession of the rosary Sunday Afternoon. Many of our children participate every year with the hope of one day being crowned queen.
Guidelines and Requirements for Queen and Court
The Queen should be at least 16 years old at the time of the Annual Celebration and will be asked to return and participate in the following year’s crowning and shall be a direct descendant of Santo Stefano di Camastra, Sicily and be of the Catholic Faith.
The Queen is required sell $350.00 worth of raffle tickets to defer the cost of expenses.
The QUEEN and the FLOWER GIRL are the only individuals allowed to wear a white dress during the celebration. Each attendant of the court will be required to wear a Tea length dress or long evening gown in pastel colors. White, off white, black, navy blue or dark-colored dresses are not allowed on the Court.
Each attendant will be supplied with a tiara to wear during the celebration. This tiara must be returned at the end of the celebration. The Queen’s Tiara is a gift from the Auxiliary and Society.
The Queen and the Court will make a commitment to the Holy Cross Society and Holy Cross Auxiliary prior to and during the celebration, with participation in the following events.
- If a Mother/Daughter dinner is held, the Queen and Court will be invited and encouraged to attend (This usually occurs in the month of May)
- The Queen and the Court will be asked to help with cleaning the Chapel. (This usually occurs on the Saturday prior to the celebration)
- The Queen and the Court will help in one of the food stands or chapel during the weekend celebration. The Queen and the Court will also be asked to help sell the raffle tickets during the celebration on Friday and Sunday evenings. (Saturday’s time is dedicated to the crowning activities
- Attendance at both the Mass on Sunday Morning and the procession of the Rosary on Sunday Afternoon at Holy Cross Park.
- The Queen and the Court will be required to wear a dress of appropriate length and shoulders should be covered at the Celebration’s Sunday Mass. (Jeans, Shorts, Pants Suits are unacceptable)
Please mail Queen & Court applications to:
Holy Cross Society of Easton
C/O Joseph Panto