The Holy Cross Society meets the Second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at Holy Cross Park. Only fully elected members, IN GOOD STANDING, are allowed to meeting. All Members are expected to participate in the celebration, with work beginning the second Monday in September. Active Members are defined as a member who attends at least 5 regularly scheduled monthly meetings per year and volunteers at least six hours at our annual celebration. Members over 75 years of age who previously satisfied active membership requirements are exempt from this requirement.
Currently, the membership is closed while by-laws are being reviewed. You are welcome to send in application.
Guidelines and Requirements for Queen and Court
The Queen should be at least 16 years old at the time of the Annual Celebration and will be asked to return and participate in the following year’s crowning and shall be a direct descendant of Santo Stefano di Camastra, Sicily and be of the Catholic Faith.
The Queen is required sell $350.00 worth of raffle tickets to defer the cost of expenses.
The QUEEN and the FLOWER GIRL are the only individuals allowed to wear a white dress during the celebration. Each attendant of the court will be required to wear a Tea length dress or long evening gown in pastel colors. White, off white, black, navy blue or dark-colored dresses are not allowed on the Court.
Each attendant will be supplied with a tiara to wear during the celebration. This tiara must be returned at the end of the celebration. The Queen’s Tiara is a gift from the Auxiliary and Society.
The Queen and the Court will make a commitment to the Holy Cross Society and Holy Cross Auxiliary prior to and during the celebration, with participation in the following events.
- If a Mother/Daughter dinner is held, the Queen and Court will be invited and encouraged to attend (This usually occurs in the month of May)
- The Queen and the Court will be asked to help with cleaning the Chapel. (This usually occurs on the Saturday prior to the celebration)
- The Queen and the Court will help in one of the food stands or chapel during the weekend celebration. The Queen and the Court will also be asked to help sell the raffle tickets during the celebration on Friday and Sunday evenings. (Saturday’s time is dedicated to the crowning activities
- Attendance at both the Mass on Sunday Morning and the procession of the Rosary on Sunday Afternoon at Holy Cross Park.
- The Queen and the Court will be required to wear a dress of appropriate length and shoulders should be covered at the Celebration’s Sunday Mass. (Jeans, Shorts, Pants Suits are unacceptable)